The Burna Boy Case: How things stand at the moment - My FrontPager

My FrontPager

Bringing you all the Front Pages from Africa to the World

The Burna Boy Case: How things stand at the moment

Share This

Damini Ogulu
, aka Burna Boy was yesterday arraigned at an Ikeja Magistrate court for alledged involvement in the robbery of another musician - Mr 2kay

The artiste, prior to reporting himself in, had been declared wanted by the Lagos state police command, through its commissioner, Mr. Edgai Imohimi

How did the embattled singer get here, and what series of events led to him been declared wanted? 

It all started on the 22nd of October aftermath of the show - Buckwyld and Breathless

According to the Commisioner of Police: "Around 2am (October 22), someone knocked on tyhe door of Mr. 2kay's room and introduced himself as a room service official from the reception. Mr. 2kay opened the door and four men entered with a gun. They robbed him of his Audemais Piquet, an automatic gold wristwatch valued at $25,000; gold jewellery valued at N1.5m, an iPhone 7 valued at N380,000, a Samsung Galaxy S7 valued at N240,000, a Samsung Galaxy S5 worth N110,000; Adidas shoes valued at N75,000; three bottles of perfume worth N180,000 and a cash sum of N45,000."

"The gang then tied him and his girlfriend up before leaving the room. During investigations, the girlfriend of one of the gang members, Nimota Mutajero, was arrested. Her confession led to the arrest of three suspects. They confessed that one Damini Ogulu, aka Burna Boy, an artiste, through his road manager, one Joel Kantiock, contacted and paid them to rob Mr. 2kay to teach him a lesson. 

"Katiock was subsequently picked up in his hideout at Zaria, Kaduna State. He (Katiock) confessed that his boss, Burna Boy, instructed him to look for armed men that could rob Mr. 2kay. Burna boy mobilised the gang with an initial cash sum of N50,000 and a subsequent N50,000 when the job had been completed."

The charges against the singer, who pleaded not guilty, are "accessory to after fact," and "failing to give information to police on the attack." 

The Magistrate, Mrs. B. O. Ogunsanmi, who was holding brief for Mrs. Y.O. Aje-Afunwa granted the accused bail in the sum of N100, 000 with two sureties of the same amount and adjourned the case till December 29. 

No comments:

Post a comment